Instructions for Oral Presentations
Timing and other preparation tips:
- The total presentation time for standard/regular oral presentations is 15 minutes which includes 12 minutes presentation and 3 minutes Q&A.
- The total presentation time for senior oral presentations is 30 minutes which includes 25 minutes presentation and 5 minutes Q&A.
- Kindly remember when preparing your PowerPoint slides, that the font size should be large enough (at least 28) so that when projected it can be seen from the rear of the session hall. Please also remember that your PowerPoint slide presentation should be prepared in a landscape format and NOT Portrait.
- If including videos or animations in your presentation, please make sure to check that they work both in the Speakers’ Ready Room and in the computer of the session room where your lecture is taking place (if you already provided your presentation in the Speakers’ Ready Room, it will be accessible in the computer of the session room. You can check your videos in the computer of the session room during a coffee or lunch break, but please check at least 30 minutes prior to your session).
- PLEASE BRING A HARD COPY BACK-UP OF YOUR PRESENTATION WITH YOU.
- Important note for Macintosh users:
In order to use a Mac presentation on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speaker Ready Room:
Alternatively (although not recommended due to the tight timing), you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please provide a VGA adaptor for external signal, advise the operators in the Speaker Ready Room as soon as you arrive, and test it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break at least 30 minutes prior to your session.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV. MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC.
At the Conference Center and the session room:
- Please check the final program to confirm the date, time, room and order of your presentation.
- Speakers are requested to provide their oral presentations (e.g., PowerPoint or Adobe PDF files) at the Speakers’ Ready Room the day before your presentation or at least 3 hours prior to your session. Please bring your presentation on a USB Memory stick and load it on one of the computers in the Speaker Ready Room. There will be a technician available to assist you.
- Please contact the moderator in each session in advance of your session so she/he knows you are present in the room.
- Make sure to arrive to your session room at least 10 minutes before the beginning of the session.
- Ensure that you sit near the front of the room with easy access to the stage.
- A wireless presenter with laser pointer will be available for the speakers in each room.
- Ensure that you keep to the time allocated to you. Moderators will be very strict on timing and will stop the presentation if you run over your allotted time.
- If there are any changes or corrections required to the presentation details, please let the technician in the session room know as soon as possible.
- Certificate of Oral Presentation will be provided the last day of the conference at the Registration Desk.