Dear GeoVet 2019 students and delegates,
The GeoVet 2019 will offer a minimum of six $500 travel awards to students* or delegates
presenting abstracts at the GeoVet 2019 conference.
Priority will be given to students* and delegates from countries with low- or lower-middle-
income economies. But if funding is available, applicants from other countries will be also
considered. The travel awards can be used by students* or delegates to pay for the GeoVet
registration fees (includes conference materials, lunches, coffee breaks and Gala Dinner) as well
as to cover part of the travel and hotel accommodation.
1. Copy of the email confirming the applicant’s abstract acceptance for the GeoVet 2019
2. A statement explaining the value and benefit of their work in the field of spatial
epidemiology/ spacial sciences for animal health, public health or food safety (no more
than 1 page using font Arial 12, double spaced and, 1” top, bottom, left, right margins).
3. Students* must provide recent proof of student registration from her/his university.
Please send a copy of your official transcript (i.e., with the imprint or official seal of the
institution and signature of the responsible university officer) or a copy signed by the
student’s faculty advisor.
4. For consideration, applicants must electronically submit their application package
formatted in PDF as an e-mail attachment to GeoVet19@ucdavis.edu
, with the subject
Preference will be given to students* and delegates presenting oral presentations. The
attendance of the student or delegate awarded with the travel award is mandatory.
* Student definition: 1) enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate student program at least half-
time or 2) be participating full-time in an internship or residency program which is approved for
credit towards board certification or graduate degree.
Applications must be received electronically no later than July 15th 2019.
Travel awards will be notified to their recipients no later than August 1st 2019.
Please contact Beatriz Martinez Lopez, chair of the GeoVet 2019 Organizing Committee, at
if you have questions.